Auditor Proud Day has taken place on the fourth Thursday of September for the past five years. This year it’s on September 26.
DiscoverAudit.org has some video training resources for audit teams, such as a meeting between the audit managers and the company controller, evaluating controls over a pre-paid insurance account, and auditing is a people business.
They’ve also prepared some fun ways you and your firm’s auditors can participate in Auditor Proud Day, including:
- Using #AuditorProud in your posts to help spread the word;
- Recording a video describing 5 things you’ve learned in the past 5 years;
- Taking a photo of the 5 things you couldn’t live without as an auditor;
- Sharing a social media post about what you would you tell yourself 5 years ago; and
In addition, I’ve added some fun auditor puns you might want to share that day on Instagram or Facebook to help increase engagement, including:
- Be audit you can be
- Why do auditors always come across as so calm and assured? Internal Controls
- What does an auditor say when boarding a train? Mind the GAAP
- How many auditors does it take to change a lightbulb? I don’t How many did it take last year?
You can find many more resources and ideas on the DiscoverAudit.org website.
The day is geared towards creating awareness and showing the value the auditing profession holds. Help your team support Auditor Proud day by encouraging them to create fun posts that shed some light on who they are and what they do.
About Becky Livingston
Becky Livingston is the President and CEO of Penheel Marketing, a NJ-based firm specializing in social media and digital marketing for CPAs and small business owners. With over 25 years of marketing and tech experience, she is also the author of “SEO for CPAs - The Accountant’s SEO Handbook: Get Found Online Organically,” “The Accountant’s Social Media Handbook.” In addition to being a practitioner, Becky is also an adjunct professor and speaker. Connect with Becky or her firm on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.